Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Girl's Week: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure, Day 1

First time at Universal Orlando for me, and although the weather didn't cooperate, the park itself did not disappoint. I'd been to Universal Hollywood and it was a lot of fun but Orlando was almost overwhelming. Unfortunately, due to the friggin lightning, most of the rides were closed down most of the day and we didn't get to ride a whole lot. We did check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which was extremely authentic and it took all of my self control to keep from spending a ridiculous amount of money on souvenirs. I did enjoy some Butterbeer (of course in a souvenir cup). I can only describe it as delicious cream soda with a butterscotch foam.

We braved The Hulk during one of the short periods of time that it was actually up and running. An amazing intense roller coaster that was JUST long enough...by the time it ended I was ready for it to end (unlike most of the roller coasters I've been on). I wanted to hit the Dragon Challenge at HP, but it was closed down; as was Jurassic Park, Dudley Do-Right, Popeye & Bluto, and a few others. We'll hit those again Thursday. We were also able to go on some of the indoors stuff like Spiderman, Poseidon's Fury,

One of the things I was surprised to have enjoyed was the Seuss Landing dining area. There was a little show with some Seuss characters and some guy reading some stories. Part of the entertainment was the table of people sitting next to us - there were 5 children maybe ages 12 and under, and their parents sat them all down and went to get food. These kids were sassy with each other but extremely well behaved. Color me impressed and curious. What does it take?

I think I may have been just as impressed with City Walk as I was with the park itself.

*will include pics soon*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be skrred! I love comments!